May 18, 2017

Absolutely no balance

Here is another catch-word heard everywhere one takes a listen: balance!

We all just need balance.

We need to balance this and that, work and play, exercise and rest, and you name it, it needs balance.

According to God, we are to love him with ALL the heart.

NO balance. Just all. The scale tips all to one side. All on the side of love.

According to God, we are to love the neighbor as we love ourselves.

NO balance. Just love the one in the "ditches" of life as you would love yourself.

I don't know about you, but if I ended up the ditch, "beaten up" by life, then I'd want warmth.

Oil.

Food.

Rest.

I would give myself that if/when I get beaten up by the world.

I do that now— just for me.

I'll do that also for the "neighbor" who needs it.

I buy used vehicles, and if my "neighbor" is in need of a vehicle, and cannot buy it, then I buy them a used vehicle, and if my neighbor needs a helping hand, a listening ear, or tending, they have it.

The redeemed have repented of their sin, and have been cleansed from all unrighteousness.

I John 1:9 has happened to them.

Their bodies stay on the altar; they've been crucified with Christ, just like Paul (Galatians 2:20).

All or nothing.

No balance.

No making sure everyone, and everything is fair.

What is fair?

Jesus, our leader, the one we say we follow, was a servant, totally.

He was killed for it.

Would you say that was fair?

It was love. It is love. It is exemplified in the redeemed, the very representatives of God on earth.

The ones, for whom, and to whom, you share the gospel, and your food, and your care, and money, and attention, and time, will not love you in return for the most part, unless they are redeemed.

The ones you tend, if you love God with all your heart, most likely will be heathen.

They will blaspheme God's name, and will stab you in the back perhaps, but you, if you love God with all your heart, will love them till you draw your last breath.

All or nothing.

How could a living sacrifice know when and what the balance would be in a relationship?

They just love.

They just give.

Absolutely no balance, and for sure it will not be fair according to worldly standards.

The just do not live according to worldly standards.

They love God. He rules them. They obey his commands.

Absolutely.

No comments:

Post a Comment